- In 2010 fossilised animal bones were discovered in Ethiopia appearing to have damage done by stone tools Shannon McPherron found the bones and is classed the oldest evidence of the use of tools dating back 3.4 million years.
- The earliest signs of humans creating primitive weapons dates around 500,000 years ago, but roughly 100,000 years ago there was a bigger increase in the creation of tools. After looking at the facts it shows humanity learned to create objects that would benefit them at a very early stage.
Copper and bronze age
- The stone age slowly developed into the bronze age where it gave humans the knowledge on how to work with copper and bronze making them competent within this material allowing them to gain skill like metal smelting, with copper and them later on bronze.
- Basic dishes and a large amount of weapons and ornaments where created.
- reation of the alarm clock
- Water mills that did not need human strength to function.
19th ad 20th century
- The first concept of a computer that we see as the standard modernized machine was built in 1936. The machine printed out symbols on paper to form instructions for the user.
- The first electric programmable computer was creates in 1943 and helped the British decrypt German messages.
- The 20th century witnessed a colossal expansion of electrical power generation and distribution.
- Self-driving cars (issue of them driving at the speed limit)
- Clean energy
- Larger use of VR and delivery by drones.
- A bigger understanding of the universe.
Technology will help create more efficient and cheaper medicine
- Military use robots to use within war.
Fear of future technology
- People fear that we may loose our grasp on technology and it could get to advance that it can determine its own paths.
- J. Good a British mathematician said that we could risk an intelligence explosion meaning technology could get away from us.
- Its not that are machines will become spontaneously malevolent but that the slightest change in goals could destroy us.
Electric circuits think 1 million times faster than biochemical ones meaning if we built Ai it would mean within a week it could perform 20,000 years of human-level work.