Module – point and click interactive narrative.
Task 1: Narrative development
- The Plot of the narrative
- Characterisation for the main protagonists, antagonists and other character
- Description of the environment
- Key objectives
Evidence will be shown on word press blog.
Week 1 – 3
Preparing for creation of game.
- Research into narrative theory’s
- Research into other point and click games.
- 3 most liked ideas
- Selecting the best idea based on practicality and feedback.
- Sketching and designing paper based environments and objects to get an idea of the look and feel of the game.
Week 4 – 15
- Creating basic designs in Photoshop.
- Looking at designs then creating 3D versions within cinema 4d.
This module seems very interesting, I particularly like that we will be able to create a fully working demo of a point and click game. Not only am I interested in learning all the skills for the functionally of a working professional game, but also the narrative behind it and what is needed to create a story that the user will be interested in.